you have connected to the most awesome blog in the galaxy. Lucky you. Read away. And dont be a lame spammer. cuz that's lame and stuff.
My photo
Glanvillia, Saint John, Dominica
i am a mom/wife/textile designer gone haywire. I love to sing(music/arts AA degree), craft, exercise, and be goofy. Just living life outside the norm. And the norm thanks me for it. Oh yeah, and I like me some haikus. . . . . . . . . . What are we up to currently? Aaron recently started medical school at Ross University on the island of Dominica in the Caribbean, and the kids and I are along for the crazy ride :)

She's baaaaaack

Friday, July 19, 2013


   Yeah yeah- It's only been.... oh crud.  a YEAR.  It's been a YEAR since my last post!  In that time we have moved to a tropical island (then moved again due to a rat infestation), Aaron has completed a year of medical school, I opened a bakery, became and expert snorkeling photographer, and we have learned a lot about making do in this third world country!  WE LOVE IT!  We have two more semesters to go here and will be returning around the end of April 2014 for rotations- hopefully in Atlanta, but the location part of it is up in the air.

   There are a few reasons I decided to come back and blog- some big and some not so big, but I'm glad to be back :)  I will be updating the look of it since I no longer have those two little bumpkins in the header picture.  I now have an 8 and 10 year old that are twice that size!  They love it here!  Today at their summer school program they are horseback riding and sand castle building all on the beach. Tough life.  

   Here are a few random pics por toi.












 Octopus- I'll put a video of one coming out of a bottle I trapped it in later...


 This peach beauty is our house

 That's our backyard
 Nana nana nana nana Nana nana nana nana BATMAAAAAAN

 Gale Scouts.


 Random pic of blue tang I took while snorkeling

 Sea floor forest


 Pic I like that I took of my friend while she was collecting a sand dollar
 My logo :)


 Current pic of my kiddos.  Aren't they cute???
My sweet family at Bob's Chinese (They play FOR REAL MahJong here)

5 comments:

Nancy said...

A year, a year! And tell me, with that breif synopsis of bliss you offered WHY are you coming back? I have been trying to drag my husband to a tropical island since we got married. Oh thank heavens you're back so I can live vicariously through you.

Jenny Knudsen said...

Oh how I have missed you friend! You need to post more on here since I don't do facebook anymore. I am so glad that you guys are doing so well and that you are happy! Love ya friend!

Stephanie Shumway said...

:) awww I miss you two! I think I need to post again before I make my "she's back" statement a lie! Stay tuned

Valerie said...

Yay!!! I've missed your blog! And those snorkeling photos are amazing! I can't wait to see you again. I miss you and your awesome family.

Beth Adams said...

Hi, I came across your blog while writing my own blog, WorldlyRise.blogspot.com. (I'm basically making a bread and a meal from every country and doing a cultural overview before I cook.) AND, I just got to Dominica which is how I came across yours. Just wanted you to know that I gave yours a shout-out on my first post for Dominica. Nice job -- love your photos!